DISCORD   CBOX STAFF NEEDED!

Add Reply
New Poll

do you watch TV or are you a streamer?
Golden · 15 Posts
Posted on: Jul 29 2017, 09:43 AM
AKA Jay · 22 years · My Ad
this used to be a fun house, but now it's full of evil clows · My Board
So this is a question that I kinda bring up where ever I go. Are you the kind of person who actually owns a cable box and uses it regularly or are you like me and prefer to stream everything online and through either a computer or a smart TV.

I personally as I kinda already mentioned love to stream stuff through netflix, hulu, hbo *they have a streaming service*, and a couple other sites. So how about you? What do you prefer?
Admin · 108 Posts
Posted on: Jul 29 2017, 02:12 PM
AKA Bucky · 36 years · My Ad
All mighty creator · My Board
I'm a combo person. My house has cable and I had a box put in my room. I use it for both cable and netflix since Xfinity now has a Netflix app on their boxes. I also own a Roku streaming device for Amazon Video, and Vudu for digital films my ex and I share. I love streaming when I want to just binge either shows or movies, and I love cable because I can keep up with current stuff unlike before when I had to wait next day for Hulu to update. I http://files.jcink.net/uploads/rockinroleplay/ezgif_3_2d976352fe.png my DVR.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
Rockin Roleplay
Golden · 13 Posts
Posted on: Aug 7 2017, 09:14 AM
AKA Verridith · 25 years · My Ad
the QUEEN of GOLD · My Board
Both! ...Kinda! xD Dish Network made me angry by not recording my Prison Break new season fully, though. Only two minutes or so of each episode. :C So mostly Netflix anymore, haha.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image BTACD is 14 YEARS OLD now. Thank you all so much!!
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
user posted imageuser posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted imageuser posted image
no word count 3-1-3 || creatively free high fantasy || immersive and in-depth!
Golden · 7 Posts
Posted on: Aug 8 2017, 03:18 AM
AKA Morpheus · 30+ years · My Ad
· My Board
I don't have "cable" in the sense of how it's delivered in my country (outside the US) because it's not value for money in my opinion. So do I use the uhh free to air television? Sometimes. Usually if I'm bored and want some generic background noise or because we're sad sacks who watch game shows with our dinner.

Mostly it's streaming (I have Netflix, though we do have one other legal provider) - it's always there when you want it and you can usually binge //files.jcink.net/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

--------------------
Slowly working on opening my private board for new concepts, contact if you're curious.
Golden · 30 Posts
Posted on: Aug 21 2017, 10:29 AM
AKA Poppy · 29 years · My Ad
don · My Board
We have cable for the rest of the house who likes to watch whatever they like to watch. Me, personally, I'm a streamer. I have a different schedule as everyone else in the house and don't always get to sit down to watch my favorite until they're available online.

--------------------
user posted image
A supernatural fantasy about spirit animals set in Somerset, Pennsylvania
Inactive · 8 Posts
Posted on: Oct 31 2017, 06:28 AM
Hey folks,

Am hands down a streamer. I use to do the cable thing but the expense is ridiculous for the lack of over all delivery. I don't see the good sense in paying a fee to watch re-runs.
I like that streaming is basically you selecting what you want to watch when you want to watch it! Pure genius.

--------------------
user posted image
Admin · 108 Posts
Posted on: Oct 31 2017, 01:55 PM
I actually love Xfinity X1 because you can chose what you want to watch there too. They have a HUGE selection of things to select from and you can also use the stations' apps to watch things from away from home just by logging in. So for me I find it to be super convenient (Not to mention I love that they have music only channels and an app for that.) But I also love my Netflix for when my shows are on hiatus. I'm just happy not to always be behind unless I just, don't feel like watching right away.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
Rockin Roleplay
Golden · 16 Posts
Posted on: Nov 25 2017, 08:11 PM
AKA winter · years · My Ad
no rest for the wicked · My Board
I have a cable box only because it came in a package deal xD I actually unplugged it and handed it off to another roomie who needed one. I'm happy to stream after the show has aired, no commercials <33 I think I'd die if I had to go back lol

--------------------

user posted image
Golden · 5 Posts
Posted on: Dec 8 2017, 09:57 PM
AKA Reyz · years · My Ad
Modern fantasy, multigenre · My Board
Nah, the internet connection isn't too fast at some places, so streaming is not preferable. I do watch TV at home with my family, though I don't really watch TV that often either.

So, for this thread, I guess I'll just go with TV.

--------------------
user posted image Soundcloud Profile | user posted image Hemlock Valley RP
Golden · 16 Posts
Posted on: Jul 3 2018, 10:02 AM
My partner and I stream because cable wasn't worth it for what we wanted to watch. For us it's mostly netflix and youtube.

--------------------

And sail away to the sea.
I'll sail away to the sea.
07.17.2018 running a real life site called TTWYL that's steadily growing.
salt witch

Admin · 108 Posts
Posted on: Jul 3 2018, 05:58 PM
Well as of the 1st I'm now a streamer. Cable was $300 a month, they wanted $100 for BASIC so now we're hulu and Netflixing the shit out of things. Now just need to convince the parental unit to switch to X-fi so we'll have the bandwidth to handle it all haha.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
Rockin Roleplay
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
Resources & Directories
Member's Sites
Static
Scrolling
The Supernatural Life RPG
Member's Sites Continued
Young & Menace Windward Cove