DISCORD   CBOX STAFF NEEDED!

Add Reply
New Poll

how soon is coming soon - ads
Golden · 2 Posts
Posted on: May 16 2018, 06:48 PM
AKA Kumo · 24 years · My Ad
· My Board
So as a site admin, when do you throw up "coming soon" if you wish to "pre-advertise" a site you have up and coming on resource site signatures?

Personally I think about 3-4 weeks is a good time, but I also understand if life events happen and it causes you to put off "coming soon" so "soon" is actually "later". It still at least creates a buzz, right? I also think there's less "pressure" I guess if you're not sure if you want to "officially" open the board AND go through the commitment of checking on the board daily and advertise the site everywhere.

Like I've had Arcane Lore in my sig for awhile on different resource sites (coming soon, minor modifications as I needed to change the image), but I just keep having life/school/work pop up with events that keeps resulting in me putting off, officially opening the board. I don't have many changes left, but I also kind of feel like I'm giving off the impression of "it's not actually coming soon" because it's taking so long for me to actually open it =( How do you handle those kinds of situations where you want to open a board but keep putting it off because life just keeps hitting you (even though you might have a "Coming soon" ad in your signature and/or you're talking to RP friends about it)

--------------------
RP Genres I love: Historical Fiction, Arranged Marriage, Mutants (Xmen), Vampires, Anime (message for specific); Jcink/IF preference; your site fit this? Hit me up with a PM user posted image
Jcink Facebook Support Group
YA Book Feedback Wanted!
Survey, 100% Anonymous (Google Docs) Sexual Orientation!
*Updated*My Tumblr!

Admin · 19 Posts
Posted on: Jun 18 2018, 08:22 AM
AKA Pan · 24 years · My Ad
President of the galaxy, baby · My Board
I'd agree that coming soon would be within a month -- unless you're advertising a specific open date. Like, advertising "coming soon, August 2018".

"Soon" is roughly a month to me.

--------------------
user posted image
Admin · 97 Posts
Posted on: Jun 18 2018, 06:34 PM
AKA Bucky · 36 years · My Ad
All mighty creator · My Board
Yeah. I agree with Pan. Probably no more than 6 weeks, though truth be told I have seen site buzzes that are like, 3 months off. That's just a tease imo. lol.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
Rockin Roleplay
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
Resources & Directories
Member's Sites
Static
Scrolling
The Supernatural Life RPG
Member's Sites Continued
Young & Menace Windward Cove